LONDON DRUGS FANTASTIC FINDS
- London Drugs Fantastic Finds (the “Contest”) will commence on October 3, 2022 at 7:00 am Pacific Time and closes on October 30, 2022 at 11:59:59 pm Pacific Time (the “Contest Period”) in all participating London Drugs stores throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The Contest is open to residents of the above provinces who are over the age of majority according to the laws of the province in which they reside, except employees or their immediate family members or those with whom such employees are domiciled of London Drugs Limited (the “Company”), their agents or Promotivate LP (“Promotivate”). The Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter:
- Entry with Purchase – During the Contest Period, customers will receive one (1) London Drugs Fantastic Finds Game Ticket (the “Ticket”) at the time of purchase, in-store at any London Drugs store. Pharmacy, Tobacco, Lottery, Transit Passes, Pre-Paid Cards, Gift Cards, Insurance, and Canada Post purchases as well as Curbside pickup and Home Delivery do not qualify for a Ticket during the Contest Period.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. To receive a Ticket and enter without purchase, you must mail in your full name, phone number, and mail address. Mail the entry to London Drugs Fantastic Finds Contest, P.O. Box # 43059 Sheppard Centre Toronto, Ontario M2N 6N1 (the “Prize Administration Office”). “No purchase” requests for Tickets must be postmarked by no later than Contest end date of 11:59 pm Pacific Time on October 30, 2022 and received at the Prize Administration Office by November 20, 2022. Each entry must be in a separate outer envelope bearing sufficient postage and will count as a single request for a Ticket. Your Ticket will be mailed to the address provided. Limit of one (1) entry (includes with purchase and without) per person per day during Contest Period.
Visit the London Drugs Fantastic Finds website at www.LDfantastic.ca (the “Website”) during the Contest Period, follow the on-screen instructions and provide full name, telephone number and email address to receive one entry in the Online Draw. Entrants will be allowed to enter the Online Draw once per day with a maximum of ten (10) entries per entrant during the Contest Period.
Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated system to enter or otherwise disrupt this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Company. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in this Contest will be Promotivate.
The maximum total amount of entries that an entrant can accumulate, including by both purchase and no purchase methods of entry, is ten (10).
- Tickets will be distributed during the Contest Period, while supplies of Tickets last. There are two (2) ways to qualify to win a prize in the Contest:
Each Ticket contains a scratch-off space that, when scratched, reveals a message. Entrants must scratch-off to reveal the message and to determine if they qualify to win a prize. A “CONGRATS” message will appear on the Ticket along with a description of the prize, indicating the entrant has qualified to win the corresponding prize (see table below). The following message ‘WE’RE SORRY’ will appear if the Ticket does not qualify to win a prize.
Prizes are available through Regionalized random seeding of winning Tickets as follows:
The number of Instant Win prizes and approximate odds of winning are those available at the outset of the Contest. Total number of Instant Win prizes available to be won diminishes as prizes are awarded. No substitutions will be allowed. All approximate values outlined above represent the approximate value of each prize on October 1, 2022 and are subject to fluctuation.
*With every occurrence of a $10,000 winner, the Company will donate $5,000 to a single shortlisted charity. Each entrant who is declared the winner of a $10,000 prize will be given a list of charities from which they may select the charity to receive the $5,000 donation.
In order to be a potential winner, customers must uncover the scratch area to reveal a prize. If the scratch area reveals a prize, the customer is a potential winner of that prize pending completion of the Statement of Compliance, Release, and Indemnity Agreement, and verification of Game Ticket.
Instant Win prizes are separated into two redemption categories: cash prizes and store level prizes.
In order to win an Instant Win cash prize, potential winners must first bring the potential winning Ticket(s) to the Customer Service Desk at any London Drugs location prior to November 20, 2022 (the “End Date”), correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question and sign a standard liability/publicity release. Tickets will be forwarded to the Prize Administration Office along with signed publicity/liability release for official verification after the End Date. All submitted Tickets become the property of Promotivate and none will be returned. Following verification of Ticket(s), answer to skill-testing question and signed release, Contest Prizes will be awarded to confirmed winners. Every confirmed winner will receive his/her prize within eight (8) weeks after verification. Tickets that are not redeemed for prizes prior to the End Date will result in prizes not being awarded. Tickets that are not original, have been tampered with, mutilated, altered, defaced, improperly printed, illegible, forged, irregular in any way, obtained through a previous London Drugs promotion or obtained through unauthorized sources, or do not otherwise meet Contest requirements are null and void.
Store Level Prizes ($100 London Drugs Gift Card, London Drugs Private Label Brand Product)
In order to win an Instant Win store level prize, potential winners must first bring the potential winning Ticket(s) to the Customer Service Desk at any London Drugs location prior to November 20, 2022 (the “End Date”), correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question and sign a standard liability/publicity release. Verification of game ticket will be completed by a London Drugs employee. Following verification of Ticket(s), answer to skill-testing question and signed release, Contest Prizes will be awarded to confirmed winners. Tickets that are not redeemed for prizes prior to the End Date will result in prizes not being awarded. Tickets that are not original, have been tampered with, mutilated, altered, defaced, improperly printed, illegible, forged, irregular in any way, obtained through a previous London Drugs promotion or obtained through unauthorized sources, or do not otherwise meet Contest requirements are null and void.
To qualify for the prize in the Online Draw, entrants must visit the Website during the Contest Period, follow the on-screen instructions providing their full name, telephone number and email address to receive one entry in the Online Draw. All Entries become property of Promotivate. Odds of winning the Online Draw depend upon the number of entrants who participate in the Online Draw and the number of entries received during the Contest Period. Entrants will be allowed to enter the Online Draw once per day with a maximum of ten (10) entries per entrant during the Contest Period.
The one (1) prize available to be won in the Online Draw is as follows:
The Online Draw will take place on November 20, 2022, at the offices of Promotivate in Toronto, Ontario at approximately 5:00 pm Pacific Time. Potential Winner of the Online Draw will be contacted by telephone and/or email by Promotivate within three (3) business days of qualifying as a potential winner and must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question and sign a liability/publicity release. If Promotivate, after three (3) attempts via telephone or email is unable to contact a Potential Winner, the prize will be forfeited (forfeited prizes may not be awarded).
If a potential winner for an Instant Win or the Online Draw cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, Promotivate will refer to alternate potential Contest winners, selected by random drawing from remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate potential Contest winners will be contacted (or contact attempts made as set out herein), and if no eligible Contest winner is identified that complies with the Contest rules after contact (or contact attempts) to three (3) alternate Contest winners, the Prize will remain un-awarded. Promotivate decisions on the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential Contest winner are at the sole discretion of Promotivate and are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
- Promotivate, at its option, may substitute any prize for a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are non-transferable, except with the permission of Promotivate, and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions (cash or otherwise).
- No correspondence will be entered into except with winners and potential winners. Promotivate is the sole judge on all matters relating to this Contest and its decisions shall be final and binding. By participating in the Contest and/or accepting a London Drugs Fantastic Finds prize, winners agree to the use of their name, city of residence, and/or photograph and/or video image for marketing and/or promotional purposes, without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Potential winner names and city of residence may appear online, on television or in print.In the event that the number of Tickets entitled to win prizes, or the number of prizes awarded via the Online Game is higher than the number of prizes outlined above, due to an error or to a mechanical, electronic or other defect resulting from printing, computer/online programming or from another process required to produce or distribute the Tickets or execute the Online Draw, or should any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Company, Promotivate or its agents affect the proper administration of this Contest, the Company and Promotivate reserve the right to modify, amend, suspend or terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, without prior notification. Upon discovery of such a cause, error or defect, Tickets will cease to be handed out and all those previously distributed will be considered null and void. In addition, the Online Draw may be withdrawn and any and all prizes previously awarded will be deemed to be null and void. In such a case, the Contest Prizes outlined in Rule 3 may not be awarded.
- Each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Company and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation: property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for participation in Contest; possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of Prize; participation in any Contest-related activity; and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery, and against any liability, loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense related to or arising out of any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action.
- The Company, Promotivate, their respective affiliates, agents, officers, directors and employees shall not be responsible for any event that may force the Contest to cease either temporarily or permanently. Nor shall they be responsible in any way for the use of or bear any liability whatsoever in any way attributable to the prizes awarded in this Contest. The Company and Promotivate reserve the right to modify or withdraw this Contest at any time without prior notification. By participating, participants agree that the Company and Promotivate will not be responsible for any event that may cause the Contest to cease operations either temporarily or permanently, including but not limited to late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, any printing problem, electronic network, computer problem or any other technical or human error of any kind that makes continuation of the Contest not feasible. The Company, Promotivate and other releasees are not responsible for damage to a user’s system occasioned by participation in this Contest, nor are they responsible for any problems that may arise including but not limited to technical malfunctions of telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or access providers, computer equipment, software, viruses, bugs or failure of any email or registration to be received for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the internet or any website or combination thereof. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, if possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other social media platform which may be used to communicate this Contest. All such entities are completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed only to Company.
- IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO CERTAIN ENTRANTS. EACH ENTRANT SHOULD CHECK THEIR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Except where prohibited, each entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest: (1) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) shall be resolved exclusively by the courts of the Province of British Columbia, Canada; (3) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules; (4) shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees.
- By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Contest Rules & Regulations.